LUSAKA Mayor Miles Sampa has appointed renowned international scholar and extraodinary Professor of Law at Pretoria University Kenneth Mwenda and 24 others to an advisory board that will oversee his operations.
The advisory board whose mandate takes effect immediately will be in place for a year (2018-2019 season).
The objective of the advisory board, according to Sampa, is to act as a mirror or a monitoring and evaluation group for the mayor’s functions “to benefit the greater City of Lusaka”.
“The Group is non-political and will be meeting once every quarter. Furthermore, there is no financial consideration for the meeting and otherwise as the Mayor has no money in his individual capacity,” Sampa has said.
The advisory Board also has no legal or other mandate binding with the Lusaka City Council, he said.
“All the group will do is to use information, be it positive or negative feedback, for the good of the Mayor, the City of Lusaka, the Country at large and for the good of H.E. the President of the Republic of Zambia, Mr. Edgar C. Lungu,” said Sampa.
Below is the full list of advisory board members:
1. Mr Andrew Sardanis (Veteran Businessman in hospitality and manufacturing Industry. Chaminuka lodge & Kapoche cheese)
2. MCC Paul Moonga (former Lusaka ward 27 Councillor-1995 & my campaign manager-2018)
3. Mr Venny Kabamba ( Youths advocate & Strategist)
4. Dr Lubinda Habbazoka (Economic Association of Zambia- EAZ President and my education supervisor)
5. Ms Charity Banda (renown Team Building Consultant)
6. Ms Annie Sampa (elder sister & Lawyer)
7. Mr Ellington Haruperi (Successful Lusaka Enteprenuer)
8. Mr Jeff Tembo (Corporate & Structured finance expert, UPND supporter. UNZA friend & former workmate at Barclays)
9. Dr Michael Gondwe (former LCC employee-1976 and Bank of Zambia Governor-2011 to 2016)
10. Bishop John General (Miracle Impact church, Matero)
11. Mr Frank Mutubila (renown Media & PR consultant. Former diplomat)
12. Mr Daniel Chisanga ( Former Lusaka Mayor-2012 to 2014)
13. Ms Pamela Mubanga (Trader & advocate for vulnerable in Society)
14. Ms Inutu Suba (former Luanshya & Livingstone Town Clerk-1995 to 2001. Former Lands PS-2014)
15. Mr Roy Penney (Former advisor to KK-1985 to 1990, Chairman ZDA Board 2010 to 2014)
16. Dr Humphrey Simukomko (former UNZA room mate, Veterinary doctor and lecturer at UNZA)
17. Mr George Kasengele (renown administrator and former FAZ General Secretary- 2006 to 2016)
18. Ms Maria Zaloumis (Successful farmer & ZNFU Board member. Enteprenuer)
19. Mr Brian Bwembya- B Flow (Successful Lusaka mucisian)
20. Mr Justin Chinyanta (renown International financial consultant, CEO Loita Capital, SA and my former Boss-2003)
21. Mr Derrick Mpundu (renown Lusaka Businessman)
22. Mr Nkonkomalimba Kapumpe ( renown Miles Sampa social media perennial critic)
23. Mr Morgan Ngona (Transporter & Real estate consultant)
24. Ms Mulenga Kapwepwe ( renown organisational development and arts consultant)
25. Prof Ken Mwenda (Diaspora, renowned international scholar and extraodinary Professor of Law at Pretoria University).